Everyone Really Wants to Get Back to Normal: New England Native da Silva LIVE From Italy
Thursday, June 11, 2020
“People here are kind of fed up [with coronavirus restrictions] — you see a lot of people not respecting the mask rule, the two meter rule,” said da Silva. “But there are not a lot of people out.”GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
Da Silva said a restaurant she had just been out to was ‘less than half” full.
“We thought was it worth it for the restaurant to served two adult and three children and take up more than 2 meters of space,” said da Silva. “They were happy to do it.”
“I think everyone really wants it to be back to normal,” she added.
Da Silva said that the civil unrest and protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death in the U.S. have impacted Italy.
“The George Floyd case and unrest that’s happened after it have also reached us here — we’ve had our own solidarity protests here as well," she said. “It’s sparked a worldwide reflection on how we can better serve communities. So that’s actually touched us here too."
Connecticut native Rebecca Couto da Silva joined LIVE from Bolzano Italy where she addressed how the economy is reopening in the European country — and how the civil unrest in the United States has spread abroad.
“People here are kind of fed up [with coronavirus restrictions] — you see a lot of people not respecting the mask rule, the two meter rule,” said da Silva. “But there are not a lot of people out.”
- New Englander in Italy Gives Advice on Face Covering During Coronavirus — LIVE
- Opening Italy Back up to Tourists - and Soccer: New England Native da Silva LIVE from Bolzano
- Italy Suffers Deadliest Day with 919 Deaths in Past 24 hours
- The United States Surpasses Italy — Now #1 in Coronavirus Deaths
- “Follow Social Distancing Rules,” Connecticut Native Living in Italy Urges Americans
- Practice Physical Distancing But Socially Connect, Go Easy on Yourself - American in Italy’s Advice
- Life Doesn’t Stop in a Pandemic: American in Italy on Death - and Dentists - During Coronavirus
- LIVE from Italy: “People Are Upset Because We Don’t Have What Was Expected”
- EDITORIAL: Time to Shut Down RI - Save Lives By Being More Like China, Less Like Italy
- LIVE From Italy: “We Thought This Wouldn’t Apply to Us” - American on Countywide Lockdown
- Latest From Italy: Exercising - and Fines - During Coronavirus
- Northern Italy’s “Little Steps” to Reopen Economy: New England Native da Silva LIVE
- LIVE from Italy: Economy Starts to Reopen, But Masks - and Gloves - Required