RI Reports More Than 600 New Coronavirus Cases - Colleges 30% of Testing, Just 4.6% of Cases
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
The universities had just 28 positive cases of the state’s 605 positive cases as reported by the RIDOH on Tuesday. The colleges did 30% of the tests but had just 4.6% of the cases.
Thus, not counting the colleges, the state had a net of 575 cases on 6,869 tests for a positivity rate of 8.4%GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
Rhode Island was also hit with one of its highest daily death toll with 8 deaths on Monday.
Maybe most concerning is that hospitalizations increased again to 265 — just a month ago there were just 124 coronavirus patients in Rhode Island hospitals.
GoLocal first reported earlier today, that Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo's office is being impacted by coronavirus.
"Three employees who work in the Governor's Office of Constituent Services recently tested positive for COVID-19," said spokesperson Audrey Lucas.
"Four employees in the Governor’s Office are under quarantine, per the Department of Health’s orders," she added.
According to Lucas, the office has subsequently been deep cleaned.
Nationally, the U.S. suffered 166,581 new cases and over the past 14-days has seen an 82% increase.
Raimondo Press Conference Delayed
Raimondo was expected to update Rhode Islanders on Wednesday as to the state’s next steps in trying to slow the spread of the virus, but that briefing has been now pushed to Thursday at 1:00 PM.
There appear to be more problems with Rhode Island’s testing program — according to the state, just 9,709 tests were conducted on Monday, and of those 2,840 were asymptomatic tests conducted by the colleges and universities. The universities had just 28 positive cases of the state’s 605 positive cases as reported by the RIDOH on Tuesday. The colleges did 30% of the tests but had just 4.6% of the cases.
- Building School Community During Coronavirus: PCD’s Director of Student Life LIVE
- Providence Police Coronavirus Cases Climb — 19 on Force Now Out
- UPDATED: Coronavirus in RI Spirals Over Weekend - 1,600+ New Cases and Hospitalizations Hit 212
- Woonsocket School Employee Dies From Coronavirus-Related Complications
- UPDATED: 781 New Coronavirus Cases in RI Reported, Daily Record of New Cases
- 5 Major Coronavirus Developments - RI’s Conflicting Policies, Pfizer Vaccine, Are Outside Tents Safe
- Biden Names Coronavirus Task Force
- Downtown Providence Restaurant Turns RI Coronavirus Restrictions Into Cocktails
- Healthcare Crisis: U.S. and RI Have Record Number of New Coronavirus Cases
- Four Hopkins Volunteers Test Positive for Coronavirus, All Worked Election Day
- Enough Is Enough, Raimondo Needs to Lead on Coronavirus - Nick Landekic
- Investigation: Raimondo Administration Overestimated Cost of Coronavirus Testing by $150M
- RI’s Record-Breaking Coronavirus Week — Watch Raimondo’s 1 PM Press Conference LIVE
- RI Nursing Homes Slammed Again By Coronavirus, Data Shows RI Is 4th Highest for Deaths Per Capita
- Prov. Municipal Courts to Cease Hearings Due to Spread of Coronavirus Until Further Notice
- Moderna’s Coronavirus Vaccine Reportedly 94.5% Effective
- RI Reports 16 Coronavirus Deaths Over Weekend, Nearly 2500 New Cases
- Providence City Hall Moving Back to Level II Coronavirus Restrictions, Limiting Occupancy
- RI Cities and Towns with Coronavirus Cases 2x RI Standard—See Where
- At RI’s Rate of Increase of Coronavirus, State Headed for Thousands of New Cases Per Day
- 919 New Coronavirus Cases in RI — Explosive Outbreak
- Top Doctor Says RI Needs New Strategy to Combat Coronavirus Disaster in State
- Ivy League Cancels All Winter Sports Due to Spread of Coronavirus
- ACI Hit With as Many 90 Coronavirus Cases This Week, 53 in Max Security
- Coronavirus Hits Raimondo’s Office—Multiple Staffers Impacted