RI Reports 16 Coronavirus Deaths in One Day — Hospitalizations Jump to 323
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
On Tuesday, Rhode Island Speaker of the House nominee Joseph Shekarchi announced the establishment of a COVID-19 task force, to oversee vaccine distribution in the state.GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
Former RI Director of Health Dr. Michael Fine -- who appears daily on GoLocal LIVE at 12:30 -- will be the task force advisor.
VIDEO: See Fine on GoLocal LIVE -- BELOW
The state’s coronavirus numbers continued to surge, as the state reported 812 new cases from Monday, bringing the state’s total to 51,124.
There are currently 30 people in the ICU.
Nationally, there were 179,067 new cases in the U.S. on Monday, a 49% increase over two weeks prior.
There were 1,032 fatalities, a 62% increase over the past 14 days.
Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo and health officials will be LIVE on Wednesday for their weekly coronavirus press briefing.
Watch on GoLocalProv.com at 1 PM.
The Rhode Island Department of Health reported 16 new COVID-19 related deaths on Tuesday — and that 323 people are now hospitalized.
On Tuesday, Rhode Island Speaker of the House nominee Joseph Shekarchi announced the establishment of a COVID-19 task force, to oversee vaccine distribution in the state.
- Despite Record Cases, Raimondo Offers Few New Restrictions or Enforcement
- Italy Shuts Down As Coronavirus Cases Spike: LIVE From Bolzano
- Record Number of New Coronavirus Cases in RI — Watch Raimondo at 1 PM
- Some Unexpected RI Cities and Towns Are Seeing Record Increases in Coronavirus Cases
- Healthcare Crisis: U.S. and RI Have Record Number of New Coronavirus Cases
- WATCH LIVE: Raimondo to Announce New Restrictions As Cases Continue to Spiral in RI
- An Open Letter to Governor Raimondo - Angelica Penta of Gels Kitchen
- Raimondo’s Lack of Action Was Deeply Disappointing But Not Surprising - MINDSETTTER™ Landekic
- Raimondo Administration Changes RI Coronavirus Quarantine Policy From 14 to 24 Days
- Biden Picking Raimondo for Treasury Would Be Like Naming Dracula To Guard Blood Bank: Siedle
- VIDEO: “We are in a Bad Place,” Says Raimondo as Infection Spirals in RI
- RI’s “Real” Infection Rate Is Approximately 6%, Raimondo’s Testing Strategy Comes Under Criticism
- Time is Running Out, Raimondo Is Failing Us — Nick Landekic
- Raimondo Nominates Furcolo as Lottery Director, Thorsen as New Revenue Director
- VIDEO: Raimondo, Officials to Address Rising Coronavirus Numbers in RI Wednesday at 1 PM
- Raimondo Issues 7 New Coronavirus Restrictions
- Raimondo Restricts Social Gatherings to Single Households, K-8 Schools to Stay Open
- WATCH LIVE: Raimondo Expected to Announce RI Shutdowns at 1 PM
- RI Business Leaders React to Raimondo’s Coronavirus Announcement of Partial Shutdown
- Raimondo Administration Issues Guidance on Partial Shutdown Starting November 30
- Coronavirus Hits Raimondo’s Office—Multiple Staffers Impacted
- RI House Oversight Committee to Review Emergency COVID-19 Spending By Raimondo Administration
- Enough Is Enough, Raimondo Needs to Lead on Coronavirus - Nick Landekic
- Investigation: Raimondo Administration Overestimated Cost of Coronavirus Testing by $150M
- RI’s Record-Breaking Coronavirus Week — Watch Raimondo’s 1 PM Press Conference LIVE
- VIDEO: RI Hospitals to Hit COVID Capacity in Weeks Says Raimondo, After Latest 900+ Case Day
- Nursing Home Industry Criticizes Raimondo Administration’s Testing Strategy for Releasing Patients
- State Testing in RI Drops: 421 Total New Coronavirus Cases and Hospitalizations Continue to Climb
- “Exponential Growth” of Coronavirus Cases in Italy: LIVE From Bolzano
- Wyatt Detention Center Hit with 60 New Coronavirus Cases
- Coronavirus Cases Jump—Rhode Island Continues to Have Highest Spread in Northeast
- Weekend Coronavirus Numbers Show Increased Rate of Spread and 900+ New Cases
- Providence Police Coronavirus Cases Climb — 19 on Force Now Out
- UPDATED: Coronavirus in RI Spirals Over Weekend - 1,600+ New Cases and Hospitalizations Hit 212
- New Record: 1,280 New Coronavirus Cases in One Day, Dr. Fine Says Disease is Out of Control in RI
- RI Reports More Than 600 New Coronavirus Cases - Colleges 30% of Testing, Just 4.6% of Cases
- RI Coronavirus Deaths Approach 1,300 & More Than 1,000 New Cases
- 9 Communities Are Now Running 5 Times RI’s Action Level for Coronavirus Cases
- Raimondo’s Political Vanity Is Costing RI - 85% Increase in Coronavirus Cases in 2 Weeks - Landekic
- RI Reports 16 Coronavirus Deaths Over Weekend, Nearly 2500 New Cases
- RI Cities and Towns with Coronavirus Cases 2x RI Standard—See Where
- UPDATED: 781 New Coronavirus Cases in RI Reported, Daily Record of New Cases
- 919 New Coronavirus Cases in RI — Explosive Outbreak
- ACI Hit With as Many 90 Coronavirus Cases This Week, 53 in Max Security
- At RI’s Rate of Increase of Coronavirus, State Headed for Thousands of New Cases Per Day
- 2,572 New Coronavirus Cases in RI Over Weekend, 57% Increase in 2 Weeks