NEW: 19 New RI Coronavirus Deaths Over Weekend, Cases Drop - Watch 1 PM Press Briefing
Monday, June 29, 2020
The number of coronavirus fatalities in Rhode Island is now at 946.GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
The state posted just 16 new cases in the past day, after only two U.S. states are reporting a decline in new cases - Rhode Island and Connecticut.
“A rise was reported in a staggering 36 states, including Florida, which some experts have cautioned could be the next epicenter for infections,” reported CNN. “Officials there and across the US are also warning of an increase in cases among younger people.”
Currently, there are 73 hospitalizations, with 15 in the ICU and 14 on ventilators.
Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo will be LIVE with officials on Monday at 1 PM for a press briefing.
WATCH HERE: See Press Conference LIVE When Video Begins
There have been 19 new COVID-19 released fatalities in Rhode Island since the Rhode Island Department of Health last reported numbers on Friday.
The number of coronavirus fatalities in Rhode Island is now at 946.
- How Trump’s Failed Federal Coronavirus Response Makes Him Vulnerable: UVA’s Lawless LIVE
- RI State Rep Questions Coronavirus Safety Precautions as Assembly Returns on Wednesday
- RI Free Clinic Offers Free Coronavirus Testing for the Uninsured
- Sports Teams Across the Country Hit By Coronavirus
- PCD’s Head of School Folan Discusses Future of Education in a Coronavirus World
- More Groups Challenge RI on Ballot Signature Requirements in Light of Coronavirus Restrictions
- See Who Is Getting Some of the Big Payments of the Federal Coronavirus Monies
- Raimondo Ignores Own Orders on Coronavirus, Goes Maskless Into Crowd at Protest
- United Way Offering $600,000 in Grants to Nonprofits Hit By Coronavirus