20 RI Communities Double Coronavirus Cases in 2 Weeks or Are 4 Times State’s Safe Standard
Sunday, November 29, 2020
Ten communities ranging from the most affluent to the poorest are seeing massive growth -- doubling the number of cases in just two weeks.GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
SLIDES: SEE 20 RI Communities Double Cases in Two Weeks or Are 4 Times State's Safe Standard BELOW
And, many of the state's cities and towns have blown by Governor Gina Raimondo’s “safe” standard of 100 cases per 100,000 residents.
Now, a record 16 communities across Rhode Island are running four-times or above the “safe” standard.
Those cities and towns predominately are clustered in the so-called urban corridor, but not exclusively. Smithfield has seen cases more than double in two weeks and jump to more than 600 cases per 100,000.
Dr. Michael Fine warns that this fast increasing trend is likely to continue.
“I’m going to look really hard at what happens in a week when we get next week's numbers because I'm really worried that some of this will will quicken and we'll be doubling in a week,” said Fine the former RI Director of Health.
Rhode Island on Monday enters into partial shutdown -- one that includes gyms and recreation, but does not include schools or restaurants.
Restaurants are allowed to continue to operate but at one-third capacity and some other limitations. READ ABOUT THE CLOSURES HERE
SEE BELOW - 20 RI Communities Double Cases in Two Weeks or Are 4 Times State's Safe Standard
A diverse group of Rhode Island’s cities and towns are seeing an explosive increase in the number of new coronavirus cases.
Ten communities ranging from the most affluent to the poorest are seeing massive growth -- doubling the number of cases in just two weeks.
Related Slideshow: 20 RI Communities Double Cases in Two Weeks or Are 4x State Safe Standard
Coventry - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 400
567 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 275 (11/7)
Lincoln - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 400
485 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 231 (11/7)
North Kingstown - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 400
446 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 160 (11/7)
North Providence - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 600
681 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 330 (11/7)
Smithfield - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 600
601 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 245 (11/7)
Warwick - Doubled in 2 Weeks and Over 500
591 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 261 (11/7)
West Greenwich - Doubled in 2 Weeks
307 Cases Per 100,000 (11/21)
Increased from 113 (11/7)
- Providence City Hall Moving Back to Level II Coronavirus Restrictions, Limiting Occupancy
- RI Reports 16 Coronavirus Deaths Over Weekend, Nearly 2500 New Cases
- Coronavirus Hits Raimondo’s Office—Multiple Staffers Impacted
- Rhode Island State Police Hit By Coronavirus - 10 Infections and 10 Quarantined
- RI Reports More Than 600 New Coronavirus Cases - Colleges 30% of Testing, Just 4.6% of Cases
- Moderna’s Coronavirus Vaccine Reportedly 94.5% Effective
- RI Nursing Homes Slammed Again By Coronavirus, Data Shows RI Is 4th Highest for Deaths Per Capita
- ACI Hit With as Many 90 Coronavirus Cases This Week, 53 in Max Security
- At RI’s Rate of Increase of Coronavirus, State Headed for Thousands of New Cases Per Day
- RI Cities and Towns with Coronavirus Cases 2x RI Standard—See Where
- Prov. Municipal Courts to Cease Hearings Due to Spread of Coronavirus Until Further Notice
- Mandatory Testing, Curfews, and Frustration: Latest Coronavirus Developments From Bolzano, Italy
- New Record: 1,280 New Coronavirus Cases in One Day, Dr. Fine Says Disease is Out of Control in RI
- RI Reports 16 Coronavirus Deaths in One Day — Hospitalizations Jump to 323
- 2,572 New Coronavirus Cases in RI Over Weekend, 57% Increase in 2 Weeks
- Thanksgiving May Take RI’s Coronavirus Cases and Deaths Even Higher - “400 to 500 Deaths” in Dec.
- 60% of East Greenwich Firefighters Have Coronavirus - Firehouse Shuttered
- Can PC and URI Beat Coronavirus and Have a College Basketball Season?
- Raimondo’s Political Vanity Is Costing RI - 85% Increase in Coronavirus Cases in 2 Weeks - Landekic
- 9 Communities Are Now Running 5 Times RI’s Action Level for Coronavirus Cases
- 5 Major Coronavirus Developments — RI On Pace for 250 or More Deaths By End of Year
- 5 Major Coronavirus Developments — Students Traveling and Thanksgiving to Spark Dangerous Surge
- RI Business Leaders React to Raimondo’s Coronavirus Announcement of Partial Shutdown
- RI Coronavirus Deaths Approach 1,300 & More Than 1,000 New Cases
- Rhode Island Only East Coast State in “Severe Outbreak” Category for Coronavirus