St. Mary’s Feast Society to Hold Turkey Giveaway
Friday, November 20, 2020
Feast Society President, Matthew Volpi said this is the first time in at least a generation that the society has held a turkey donation program.
“With the turbulence that this year has brought to many families in our area and all across the country, I felt this was the perfect time to give back to those people who may be in need,” Volpi said.GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
He heads the society whose premier objective is to pay homage to the Blessed Mother Mary through a Feast Celebration every July.
“Our society and executive board felt that we absolutely had to try to help our community this year. The COVID-19 pandemic has pushed so many families to the brink. Our society is a pillar of the Cranston Community, so now was the time to step up and enable families who may not otherwise be able to, to have a feast this Thanksgiving. And we found a perfect partner in Attorney Mike Lombardi through his charitable foundation,” Volpi said.
According to Trustees Chairman Joseph Macera, Jr., the society, along with Lombardi’s Foundation, and 14 other sponsors (including politicians, tool makers, doctors, plumbers and a funeral home) have purchased 200 turkeys to give away Saturday morning. “We even rented a refrigerated truck to keep the turkey’s frozen,” he said with a grin. The society’s Vice President, Richard Campopiano is also the owner of R&D Tool in Cranston who is one of the event’s sponsors. “This is what community is all about. Our society has been here for over 115 years, and I think this is the kind of event that would make the Blessed Mother proud of us,” he said.
The event will take place at 10am at The St. Mary’s Feast Society Headquarters located at 15 Phenix Ave, Cranston, RI. Participants should wear a mask, and socially distance when attending the giveaway.
The event is focused on providing a turkey for needy families throughout Cranston and the surrounding area. Nobody should be hungry this Thanksgiving. For more information, visit the Facebook page for the Society at https://www.facebook.com/stmarysfeast/
The Executive Board of the St. Mary’s Feast Society in Cranston in partnership with Attorney Mike Lombardi, are holding a Thanksgiving Turkey giveaway which will be taking place at the St Mary’s Feast Society Headquarters at 10am on Saturday November 21, 2020.
Feast Society President, Matthew K. Volpi said this is the first time in at least a generation that the society has held a turkey donation program.
- Stop & Shop to Deliver 1,000 Turkeys to the RI Food Bank
- Make A Difference, Ocean State Job Lot To Donate 2,000 Turkeys
- Fit For Life: Don’t be a turkey…
- Obama Pardons National Turkeys
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: Who’s The “Turkey of the Week?”
- Pats Make Thanksgiving Turkeys Out Of Jets
- Stop & Shop Donates 1,000 Turkeys to RI Food Bank
- Where To Get Fresh Local Turkeys in Rhode Island for Thanksgiving
- RI Boys + Girls Clubs Get 1,250 Turkeys From Stop & Shop
- 6 Turkey Trots + Holiday Runs in Rhode Island
- DEM Solicits Public Help With State Turkey Population
- Patriots’ Amendola Helps Deliver 1,000 Turkeys to RI Community Food Bank
- To Report Wild Turkeys or Not, DEM and Animal Rights Advocate Split
- RI Health Warns of Recall on Butterball Raw Ground Turkey Products
- Trump’s Turkey Sanctions Could be “Too Little, Too Late,” Says Brown University Professor Al-Ali
- Central Falls Food Pantry to Host Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Basket Event
- Iannuccilli: My Italo Turkey Day
- Jennie-O Recalls Packaged Ground Turkey Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
- Stuffing the Political Turkey this Thanksgiving - Sunday Political Brunch November 25
- Tom Brady Scares His Kids While Dressed up as a Turkey
- Fit For Life: Don’t Be A Turkey…
- Weiss: Aging Groups - House GOP Tax Rewrite a Turkey
- Baffoni Farms Talks Turkey On LIVE